Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Purple Tinsel

Today my coworkers sneakily slipped some very electric purple tinsel into my purse without my knowing.  We have a lot of fun.  Witness:  Erasure Singalong Dance Parties.

We all need a little sparkle in our lives.  Erasure was hands down my favorite band as a preteen and I even went so far as to record [on a mixtape no less] a pirate broadcast of them playing Glasgow.  I think we're talking 1992-1993 and I still have this tape people*.  What can I say?  My preteener self is loyal to my boys, along with Tears For Fears, Neil Diamond and oh so much Irish/Scottish folk [NO JOKE],  but those are corny stories for another time.




Erasure - Star ytube

Erasure - Blue Savannah ytube

*Shamefully, I may also have a tape recording of me singing Bryan Adams Waking Up The Neighborhood in its entirety.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...