Monday, September 27, 2010

Erdem Meets Fujikawa

Gyo Fujikawa illustrated one of my favorite children's books of all-time, Robert Louis Stevenson's A Child's Garden of Verses in 1957, which contains the very first poem I ever memorized and recited aloud to my first grade class, The Swing.



I used to stare wonderingly at each subtle illustration, enraptured at the incredibly detailed minutiae.




Her palettes comprise just about every single saturated color I love which are in blazing abundance in Erdem Moralioglu's Spring 2011 ready to wear collection.  Even though meant for spring, I think the colors are perfect for fall.

Erdem Spring 2011 Ready to Wear

Erdem Spring 2011 Ready to Wear

Erdem Spring 2011 Ready to Wear


Erdem Spring 2011 Ready to Wear
I love that he's not afraid to use color, texture or pattern. Even in monochromatic black his charming sense of playfulness shines. Source

Erdem Fall/Winter 2010

Erdem Fall/Winter 2010

Erdem Fall/Winter 2010

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...